Asheville Go Bragh!
Forbes has named Asheville, NC the 6th best metro area for business and careers. Asheville has been the “world headquarters” of Biblio.com since the beginning (2000). In fact, long under-appreciated North Carolina garnered three of the top ten spots, with Raleigh and Durham included in the list.
Definitely one of the most eccentric cities on earth, over the past few years, Asheville has been on the following “top” lists:
- Modern Maturity: one of “The 50 Most Alive Places To Be”
- AmericanStyle magazine: one of “America’s Top 25 Arts Destinations”
- AARP : “Best Places to Reinvent your Life”
- CBS News: “A new age mecca”
- PETA: “the most vegetarian friendly small city in America“
- Fromer’s: one of “the top seven places to live in the U.S.”
- Southern Living: “Best Southern City”
- Country Home Magazine: one of the “Top 25 Green Cities”
- Bike Magazine: “one of America’s Top Five Best Mountain Biking Towns”
- Outside Magazine: “Best town in the Southeast”
- Rolling Stone: “New Freak Capital of the U.S.”
- Canoe and Kayak Magazine: one of the “Top 10 Paddle Towns”
- Book Magazine: 3rd in the “Top 10 Great Literary Trips in the nation”
- all of that, ergo, Biblio.com: “Coolest place on earth to run a small internet/book business.”
Yeah, so? We have an identity crisis. But at least we know it. Proud of it, too. Asheville Go Bragh!